Crucial Information Related to Lisinopril, Its Use and Accompanying Side Effects
The following description includes detailed data overviewing Lisinopril, its constituents, method of functioning and also provides helpful information with regards to associated precautions and possible side effects.
|Tablet Strength:||2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg|
|Best Price:||$0.38 USD Per Pill|
|Payment:||Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, BTC|
Where to Buy Lisinopril?
Visit Online Canadian Pharmacy
General Summary of Lisinopril and Method of Functioning
Lisinopril is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). High blood pressure adds to the workload of the heart and arteries. If it continues for a long time, the heart and arteries may not function properly. This can damage the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidneys resulting in a stroke, heart failure, or kidney failure. Lowering blood pressure can reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Lisinopril works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. As a result, lisinopril relaxes the blood vessels. This lowers blood pressure and increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart. Lisinopril is also used to help treat heart failure. It is also used in some patients after a heart attack.
Suitable Doses of Lisinopril and Correct Administration
Lisinopril does not cure high blood pressure condition but rather aids in controlling it. Hence, you are required to keep on taking Lisinopril as per doctor’s prescription if you aim to reduce blood pressure and maintain it at reduced levels. Consult with your healthcare specialist in order to define the most appropriate dosage, duration of treatment and administration frequency depending on your specific health condition.
Lisinopril for oral administration (tablets/oral solution) has the following dosage:
- High blood pressure treatment:
- Adults — initially, 10 milligrams (mg) 1 time per day, not more than 40 mg per day (dosage is subject to alteration by doctor if/when necessary);
- Children of 6 years old and above — initial dose is commonly 0.07 mg per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day, not more than 0.61 mg per kg of body weight and not exceeding 40 mg per day. dose depends on body weight and should be regulated by doctor.
- Children of 6 years old and below — application is contraindicated.
- Heart failure treatment:
- Adults — initially, 5 milligrams (mg) 1 time per day, not more than 40 mg per day (dosage is subject to alteration by doctor if/when necessary);
- Children — application and dosage are regulated by doctor.
Instantaneous treatment after a heart attack:
Adults — initially, 5 milligrams (mg), subsequently 5 mg after 24 hours, additionally 10 mg after 48 hours, followed by 10 mg 1 time per day.
Children — application and dosage are regulated by doctor.
Accompanying Side Effects and Associated Precautions List
Consult with your healthcare specialist right once any of side effects listed below take place:
- Cloudy urine;
- Blurry vision;
- Reduction in urine volume or decline in ability of urine-concentration;
- Overall confusion;
- Dizziness, lightheadedness or faintness whenever standing up rapidly after lying or sitting;
- Abnormal sweating;
- Uncommon weakness or tiredness.
Taking Lisinopril is contraindicated for pregnant patients, as it can cause damage to unborn child. Lisinopril may result in serious kinds of allergic reactions, such as anaphylaxis or hyperkalemia (increased potassium in blood).