Have you ever looked in a mirror and wished your smile were brighter? A dazzling smile is a confidence boost. But which of all the teeth-whitening options out there is best?
Let’s compare at-home whitening to the professional whitening offered at clinics such as Concierge Dental Group.
The basics of teeth-whitening
Teeth can become stained. Whitening uses chemicals—primarily peroxide—to bleach the teeth. Bleaching removes stubborn stains from teeth just as it removes them from clothes.
At-home teeth-whitening is affordable and convenient
The primary benefits of do-it-yourself, at-home whitening are its lower
Most whitening kits include strips, gels, or paste.
Here’s how they work:
- Strips: Thin, gel-coated strips stuck on the teeth for a time and then peeled off.
- Gels: Sticky bleaching solutions brushed onto the teeth.
- Pastes: Like toothpaste except they contain whitening chemicals.
A valued client we’ll call Kaitlin once used an over-the-counter whitening-strips kit.
At first, Kaitlin noticed a brighter smile. But the results faded after a few weeks and her gums were sensitive.
While convenient, at-home whitening wasn’t a long-term solution.
Professional whitening combines expertise and lasting results
The advantages of professional whitening such as that offered at Concierge Dental Group include:
- Personalized treatment: Dental professionals assess your teeth and devise a whitening plan just for you.
- Quick Results: In many cases, one session yields visible results.
- Safe procedure: Professionals ensure the chemicals used are safe and applied correctly, minimizing sensitivity.
- Lasting results: Professional whitening can last longer than at-home whitening.
Which is right for you?
Professional and at-home whitening both have pros and cons.
If you’re looking for a quick, relatively inexpensive fix, you might want to try an at-home kit.
But for lasting transformation and personalized care, you can’t beat professional whitening.
A brighter smile awaits you at Concierge Dental Group
Your smile is one of the first things people notice aboutyou. Why not make it shine?
If you’re considering teeth whitening, let our expert team at Concierge Dental Group guide you. We’re committed to offering care that’s both professional and caring. Schedule your appointment with us today and step into a brighter tomorrow!